Sunday, April 17, 2011

Wikis and Wikipedia

Here is a link to the wiki page I recently created for the sixth grade students on my case load.  The welcome page links to a content page for each of their four core academic classes.  Content pages link to individual teacher wikis or blogs with course-specific information.  The intent is to also add helpful links and resources for students.


Valleywood Middle School does not currently have a page on wikipedia.  Kentwood Public Schools does however have a wikipedia page.  One thing that caught my attention on Kentwood's page is the list of all the schools within the district.

 As I looked at the list of schools, I noticed that East Kentwood High School was linked to the high school's website.  None of the other schools were linked to their respective websites.  I decided to edit the page and link all of the listed schools directly to the school's website.
 As you can see from the image above, each of the listed schools links directly to the school's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment